SEMCUP League 2018 Rules
- The leagues will begin in September 2018.
- All games must be played on either the PS4 or Xbox One edition of FIFA 18 (depending on the League you are participating in)
- As the leagues are played online, you will need an active subscription to either PS Plus or Xbox Live to take part.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of two players, with a maximum of up to four players per team.
- Each game will be the standard, 6 minute halves.
- Once your team has been drawn you must play as the team chosen – no switching!
- If you experience lag during your game to the point where the game drops, upon restarting the game teams should score the appropriate number of own goals to bring the score line back to what it was pre-drop.
- We have selected the top 18 teams on FIFA 18 with a rating of 4.5 stars.
- Each team must play as their designated country for all games. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture.
- The drawer will most likely be live streamed, but upon the completion of the drawer an email will be sent out confirming the company-team assignment. A full list will also be published here on the website.
For arranging the matches, we’ve come up with a weekly timetable which will show who you are playing for that week. The game can be played anytime within the Monday-Sunday of the scheduled week, but results must be sent to us by 10am on the following Monday morning.
Results sent after this point won’t be accepted. Failure to send in your result will result in a 3-0 loss. (it’s worth noting that only one team needs to send in the scores for that week, but just in case your opponents don’t send their results in, we’d recommend sending through yours anyway).
In the event that a team is unresponsive when arranging, or unable to play before the Sunday, they will forfeit the game and receive an automatic 3-0 loss.
If you want, you can arrange and play matches in advance of the schedule, but results must be submitted during the week the game was originally scheduled to play. Results submitted in advance won’t be accepted. -This is just because there is a load of administration involved our end and we are trying to make it as easy as possible to manage!
An email will be sent out closer to the Leagues’ start date confirming match details and the schedule.
Submitting Match Scores
Once a match has finished, could you please submit an image to us of the final score either by email, or to our @SEMCup twitter page. If you could also include the match stats as well (see below for an example) that would be fantastic. All information gathered will be used to make some fun infographics at the end of the league!
To play in the league we are asking teams to consider making a donation of around £20, all of which will go to charity, with the idea that the winning team gets to pick the charity the money goes to. We don’t see the money, you just promise that upon the completion of the Leagues you’ll donate the money to the relevant JustGiving page.
By doing this we can raise up to £360 for charity!
This is designed as a fun tournament and we welcome any feedback on what’s good, bad and ugly and where you would like to see any improvements. If you have any questions about the structure of the tournament or what to do next, please get in touch.